Saturday 19 October 2013

Day 292 : mellow fruitfulness

Autumn is most definitely oozing out of every tree, flower and plant. I think I may have stumbled upon a squirrel hoard on a park bench but in reality they've probably been collected by little boy or girl’s hands instead. Just loving the autumnal colours everywhere, unusually I'm thinking orange, red and brown rather than pink.

One thing that did perplex me is that the tree that produced the acorns didn't seem to have the standard crenelated oak leaves. I'm not a tree expert but I can recognise the leaves of an oak, a beech, horse chestnut, willow, sycamore, holly and spruce. The leaf the acorns are resting on is a sycamore. But the leaves on the tree I can’t identify and the acorns are definitely from this tree so it'll just have to remain a mystery for now.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment