Friday 4 October 2013

Day 277 : bright lights, big city

It’s back to the London Photo Festival again, this time for the Click and Clique evening. It's much less crowded than the private viewing and it's easier to mingle with the other photographers and/or visitors. The crazy penguin-kidnapping Swedish C is here and we’ve much to catch up on including “what unearthly peril is my absent penguin in?” C from Cambridge has joined us and after checking out all that caught his eye suggested we retired to his hotel with the guides, scrutinise further and critique all the pieces.

Cambridge C is staying in one of the penthouse suites at One Aldwych. He has a great “apartment” with it’s own curiously stocked kitchen, gym, two bathrooms, bedroom, large lounging space, giant stone egg artwork and balcony plus table and chairs looking over the jostling London streets below. We are taken out to admire the view. I want to try and capture some of the lights from the traffic reflecting on a brushed metal wall. I'm frustrated with the number of seconds my camera demands so I just end up twirling it around impatiently. In the end I quite like the abstract results!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment