Saturday 27 July 2013

Day 208 : The treat of total tranquility

It’s the wee small hours on an incredibly quiet barge. We are moored in the most secluded spot we’ve been all week and now everyone has gone to bed, though there were only two of us up, finishing our wine from dinner and putting the world to rights.

The sunset was dramatic, as the vibrant smears of pink, yellow and orange streak across the sky I climb up on the roof to get a better vantage point. My favourite shot has the sky throwing a multicolour layer on the jacuzzi, where we’ve spent all day gently drifting.

I sit up on the roof listening to the gentle buzz of other guests below. I want to imprint this image on my memory so when the craziness of work kicks in again, I can summon this vision as succour, balm, a little piece of total tranquility.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment