Friday 6 September 2013

Day 249 : the arrival of Pengzilla!

It's probably not a great surprise that I kept a penguin for myself from the Iwako rubber collection, it was my favourite. And seemingly a few others agreed as Mr. Dark Cloud claimed a penguin and I also gave one to A-A for her little half-French son. The latter was immediately christened Emile le pingouin!

I figured that the rubber penguin would look rather alarming to my much tinier HO penguins and thought I'd trying a photograph their first encounter. Initially I tried a set-up on the window sill but there was too much noise in the picture so I switched to a plain white table in the office whilst there was still some daylight left, to set up a little tableau.

I posted the resultant rather crazy picture on Facebook and AL called the mighty penguin Pengzilla which I loved, so that's his name now.

Out of the mist a ghostly flippered figure emerges. The diminutive penguins didn't know how they should react. Should they run and hide, try and make friends or worship the mighty Pengzilla? Decisions, decisions!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment