Thursday 10 January 2013

Day 10 : mind the gap!

As my new camera is a lover of low light with its wonderful 1.4 aperture and hence faster shutter speed I had to play around a bit to get the sharp painted warning about the generous space between the platform and the open tube doors and the motion blur of the tube taking off once more. I'm not a big fan of these gaps, some of them are really alarming seemingly just waiting for the merest teeter to send you slipping into the open jaws onto of the electrified tracks below. Somehow I fell down the side of a stationary train when I was very young. I remember I was going somewhere with my grandparents and luckily I was still holding onto their hands so I was snatched quickly to safety. But that brief terrifying plummet has stayed with me and I still do my utmost to dodge the most cavernous “gaps” on the tube. Frankly I'd still rather photograph them that brave them, though this one doesn't constitute a scary gap, this one is a mere hairline gap.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment