Friday 14 June 2013

Day 165 : a roof with a view

When I find myself at Canary Wharf on a sunny day I have a strong urge to see if I can capture some striking architectural shots playing with the reflections and lines. Today the sun had its hat on so I looked for a likely shot. I had some retail based missions inside so headed for the shopping centre that spans underneath Cabot and Canada Squares. As I took the escalators to Waterstones, I noticed that the view above the escalators might be worth a closer look. One floor up, standing outside Byron’s, the burger place, I see what will be today’s image.

If I look up to the glass domed roof I can see One Canada Square, the tallest building here at Canary Wharf with the pointy top, framed elegantly in the ’cobweb’ roof. Reflections and lines done!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment