Tuesday 21 July 2015

Day 202: diamonds and best friends

To celebrate friendship day (no, I hadn't heard of it either), last Friday an Indian company, Mettlle, sent me an email offering me some generous discounts as a previous customer, and added they'd also waive international postal changes. Because they said, "best friends are like a diamond, bright beautiful and valuable" Well frankly, they had me on the first suggested twinkling item and in case the offer expired, I splurged. Delivery was to by 18th August, but the latest little beauty to my sparkly collection arrived today, and bizarrely there were no custom charges. Diamonds are indeed a girl's best friend. And Mettlle may be my new BFF!

Update: There were custom duties due, but FedEx took the unusual option of instead of contacting me directly for payment, as one would sensibly expect, they would send an invoice addressed to the entire company and hope that it would reach the right person eventually. Hmmm, I have to say the cunning plan of UPS asking for payment before delivery seems so much more efficient!

No comments:

Post a Comment