Monday 6 July 2015

Day 187: somewhere to nowhere

I've seen the Air Line when I've visited the Millennium dome (or more correctly, the O2) but never been on it. I don't even think I've ever been beneath it, other than whilst riding on the DLR, and you can't capture it from there...I've tried. I'm meeting friends on The Jetty at Greenwich and as I approach, I realise I'm going to get closer than I have before. I was going to take some photographs when I was stood on the Thames path looking up, but I was running late, not realising the distance from the station to the Jetty. Ironically, I was the first to arrive, as everyone had similarly misjudged the last leg of our journey. But I didn't get a chance to revisit the Air Line until after sunset. Famously this cable car goes from somewhere to nowhere. I'm on the somewhere side but have never yet needed to be on the nowhere side. As we walk back under heading back to North Greenwich station again, the exact moment I'm stood directly underneath with my camera pointed upwards, the lights on the cars go out. Curses!

No comments:

Post a Comment