Monday 13 July 2015

Day 194: McQueen at the V&A

I've been meaning to check out the Alexander Mcqueen Savage Beauty exhibition at the V&A since it started. My plans fell through for this evening and work was having a corporate lates event at V&A, so it was too good an opportunity to miss. It's a fabulous exhibition, I love reading about the whole creative process and seeing the structure, tailoring, imagination and intricate details. There's a room lined with bones and another full of pigeon holes each containing an amazing creation. The room is dotted with TV screens showing catwalk shows, interviews and how two robots painted a white dress.

I was there until we were asked to leave, but I still managed to snap up the inspiring show book, a silk scarf that looks like a pink leopard has met a steamroller (not McQueen) and a black tote bag resplendent in the V&A skull. Definitely worth a repeat visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment