Tuesday 6 March 2012

Knock, knock who's there?

Today's random theme to try and photograph is ”doors & doorknobs”. I immediately start scouting in my image memory bank for big, aged door with layers of peeling paint with a chunky cast iron door knocker, an impressive old lock which conjures up the sort of key the robin helps Mary unearth in the Secret Garden. Actually a real secret garden hidden door would be perfect...what are the chances?

Instead I go closer to home. I realise my beautiful antique crystal doorknobs get very little attention and they are rather elegant. I find their tactile coolness very pleasing. They don't turn but have a static twin attached on the other side of my front door. It also seems under the scrutiny of my camera’s macro setting, my doorknobs are a prime vehicle for fingerprints. Worth considering if I ever need to get CSI in.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment