Saturday 26 April 2014

American Beauty


I have a favourite tree in Cambridge Park, not too far from where I live. I love to see it change season by season. In Spring it has a lush canopy of plump pink blossom and as the branches overhang the pavement you can get showered in confetti petals if you walk under it when there's a breeze blowing.

It occurs to me that I think I've always called it a cherry tree, but I can't recall ever seeing it bear any fruit. I attempted one of those tree identification questionnaires on the Web and, if I haven't been wildly inaccurate with my responses, it could be a cherry or plum tree. It seemed to take its time blossoming this year, the barren branches remained and then it exploded. It's now losing its petals and clouds of pink carpet the pavement. The pink of the bunny minifig coordinated and I figured a vague homage to American Beauty might be apt.

No comments:

Post a Comment