Wednesday 9 September 2015

Day 252: surprises galore!

I had thought, with being far away for my birthday, we'd defer any thoughts of celebrating my birthday until my return. I'd arrived to the office late as I'd had to collect a parcel that had been delivered to my home and needing a signature. Not unusual in itself but I had stated clearly, not once, but twice that I wanted said parcel delivered to work. But they'd chosen to ignore me and I didn't want to risk it being sent back. And to add insult to injury, it wasn't what I'd ordered...sigh!

 
 

But putting that disappointment aside I continue to the office and as I walked to my desk I was surprised by a large vibrant pink balloon, just in case anyone didn't know what birthday it is (nearly). There's also a gorgeous bouquet of flowers, unusual pastries, a wonderful card (I really want that dress!) and presents too. I know, thoroughly spoilt, and even though I haven't reached that lofty age quite yet was delighted to be thoroughly lavished by my team and colleagues in anticipation.

A few of us ladies were planning lunch at Aqua Shard. I knew another J was in charge of organising but as I booked tables previously, I thought I'd drop a note to my main contact just to ensure she knew we were coming. It turns out to be her birthday this week too, I suggested she celebrated in our canteen on an exchange but she didn't seem too taken by that idea.
 

When we arrived we weren't led to the wonderful window seats I am accustomed to, but the other side entirely. But that was because we were being led to our own beautiful private dining room. We were introduced to our waiter who wanted to furnish us with rather delicious complementary cocktails...it would have been rude not to!

And after we tore ourselves away, which was very tricky, there was an iced chocolate cake waiting in the office!

Well what a day, an amazing pre-birthday with so many wonderful surprises! Thoroughly spoilt and utterly overwhelmed!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment