Monday 11 October 2010

Flower power


The flowers here are making me come over all macro and I'm finding myself stalking the ornamental gardens with my camera and tripod searching out the most photogenic blooms.

The hot pink hibiscus have been teasing me with their heady scent outside my room so they are my first quarry.



Inspired by a photograph of Plumeria or Frangipani in a local gallery I harvest some of the blooms from the tree overlooking my private terrace and arrange them on the black satin lining of my skirt. Not worth the $500 of the original but a striking image nonetheless.



Galvanized by the beautiful flowers I'm encouraged to sign up for a private lei making session in the next day or two, it seems a skill I should learn whilst in Hawaii and make some use of all these perfect blooms at my feet.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment